About MVHS Virtual Enterprise
In MVHS Virtual Enterprise, students learn all aspects pertaining to starting a business. This includes developing a business name, logo, company catalog, business plan, employee manual, business cards, flyers, company shirts, company website, commercial and company newsletter. Our students compete with other high schools around the country in all aspects of business development.
Virtual Enterprise is a simulated business that operates in a competitive environment with the goals of:
- Educating students with key knowledge needed with developing a business.
- Experiencing the feeling of how a real business is developed and how one operates.
- Inspiring students to develop a better work ethic.
- This course meets UC/CSU and district graduation requirements for elective credit.
- College Credit through MSJC is pending.
- Emphasis will be placed on the use of current software packages and the Internet for business transactions.
- A focus will be on general office operations, accounting, sales/marketing, teamwork, interpersonal relationships in the workplace, public speaking skills, and interviewing skills.
- This course may be repeated for additional elective credit and business competency.